Rates & Benefits

Fees for individual or couples counselling:

  • $150.00 for Individual Counselling (50 mins)
  • $175.00 for Couples Counselling (50 mins)

There is no tax on counselling services as registered social workers are exempt from charging GST and PST.


Cash, cheque, or Interac e-transfer payments are accepted.

All e-transfer payments must be made in advance of your session.

Cash or cheque payments are made at either the start or conclusion of each session: your choice.

Please note that as the name suggests, Interac e-transfers are done electronically, via online banking (at participating institutions). I do not have a debit machine in my office. For all those choosing to pay by e-transfer, please note that most banks and credit unions charge $1-$1.50 per transaction. Please email me the security answer separately so I am able to access the funds you have sent.

I have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are charged at a rate of 100% for the cost of the session. Same day bookings which are subsequently cancelled are subject to the usual late cancellation fees.

In accordance with the Medical Expense Tax Credit (METC), the Government of Canada will reimburse recipients of clinical services that have expenses greater than $2,237 annually or 3 percent of the taxpayer’s net income.


Robin is signed up with several programs in BC that offer free counseling.

These include:

Autism BC – If you have a child that has been diagnosed with Autism then your child and you and your family’s members are entitled to free counselling.

ICBC – If you have been injured in an accident then you may be entitled to free counselling.

Veterans Affairs Canada – If you are a veteran of war then you are entitled to free counselling in BC.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police – If you are an RCMP officer or have been one then you are entitled to free counselling in BC.

Canadian Armed Forces – If you have been part of the Canadian Armed Forces then you are entitled to free counselling in BC.

Native Health Authority – if you have First Nations decent then you are entitled to a certain number of free counselling sessions per year. If you have a family member that has attended Residential School you are entitled to free counselling.

Victims Assistance Program – If you are a victim of a crime where the
perpetrator has been charged then you are entitled to free counselling.

Extended Health Benefits

If you have extended health benefits through your work, or through an immediate family member’s employer, you may be covered for the services of a Registered Social Worker (RSW) or a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC). Some extended health plans cover
RSW’s and RCC’s while others do not. Please contact your benefit plan to find out if you are eligible to see a counsellor with those designations. If your benefits plan does not cover you,
some clients have been successful in expanding their counselling coverage by asking their human resources department to cover the service.

If you are on short or long-term disability from your work, you may be eligible for counselling benefits. Please ask your insurance provider if you are eligible to receive counselling from an RSW or RCC. This applies to private insurance plans, not provincial
(public) disability benefits.