Are you considering online counselling? This mode of counselling is becoming increasingly popular as people try to navigate busy schedules and limited availability. Due to the Covid-19 virus, most counsellors are legally unable to meet in-person and thus online counselling has become the most viable option.
People question whether online counselling is as effective as in-person. Online counselling has been proven to be just as effective as in person counselling.
Numerous studies — including two 2013 studies published in the Journal of Affective Disorders and Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Networking — found online counselling to be just as effective as traditional face-to-face therapy.
How Does Online Counselling Work?
Online counselling works in exactly the same way as in-person counselling, except from the comfort and convenience of your own home. You simply call and make an appointment with Robin and then she will schedule a time to meet on Zoom. Zoom is one of the only online formats that is recommended by the Clinical Counselling Association of BC as it secure and thus able to adhere to the principals of anonymity and confidentially.
Zoom is really easy to use. Once you have booked your appointment with me via phone or email you will be walked through the following steps:
- You will receive email notification of the date and time of your session.
- You will also receive an invitation to download Zoom.
- When it’s time for your appointment just join in on the video chat.
- When your counsellor is ready, the session will begin!
How Can Robin Help you?
Robin is a step ahead of the other counsellors who are all shifting into online work due to the fact that she has been performing only online and phone counselling for over a year now. Robin spent over 8 years working in-person with couples and individuals in Kelowna BC and then moved with her family to a more rural location in December of 2018.
How can online counselling help your relationship?
- Learn various tools for self-regulation
- Learn how to effectively resolve conflicts with your partner
- Feel heard, cared about and validated
- Learn insights into what triggers you and sensitivities you might have from your past
How can online counselling help you as an individual?
- Gain a lot of insight and understanding as to what is happening in your body and why you might be having anxiety, anger, depression or low energy states
- Learn how to stop anxiety and panic attacks and settle your body
- Learn how to come out of depression, and low energy states
- Feel a sense of well-being
- Build more capacity to handle stress
If you feel like you are struggling right now Robin is here to help. Please call or text (250)-863-7863 to discuss setting up a consultation.