Online Anxiety Counselling
- Do you feel like you are stuck in a heightened state of anxiety or irritability most of the time?
- Do you get nervous for no reason?
- Do you ever feel short of breath, sweaty and have a rapid heartbeat?
- Are you scared of certain places or things?
- Do you find yourself obsessively counting or cleaning for fear something bad will happen if you don’t?
- Do you get more anxious than your friends in everyday situations?
All of the above situations are normal for someone who suffers from anxiety — but they don’t have to be. There is hope to alleviate the symptoms of anxiety so you can live a normal life.
Somatic Experience Therapy for Anxiety
Using somatic experiencing therapy Robin works to stabilize the nervous system and build the ability to release the fight and flight activation forever.
In the first stage of therapy, Robin helps you locate and develop three important inner resources: stabilization, self-awareness and self-regulation. Understanding how these three resources are used to eliminate anxiety is the first step towards finding a naturally relaxed state, free of anxiety and free of feeling overwhelmed.
Through the first stage of Somatic Experience (SE) Therapy, you will learn how to gain ultimate control over your body so you can recognize anxiety for what it is, what it isn’t and then calm yourself appropriately. You will finally feel like your anxiety is easier to manage and that you have regained control of your life. You no longer need to be afraid of your anxiety because when it comes you will be completely equipped to reduce it.
In the second stage of therapy Robin will help you slowly uncover nervous energy that has been trapped in your system from uncompleted fight-flight-freeze activation. Sometimes, when we are presented with a stressful or dangerous situation this adrenaline response is activated but we are incapable, for whatever reason, to expend the energy.
When that energy becomes trapped we grow with it, become used to it as it manifests itself as anxiety. In this stage, Robin will help you release this energy so your body can experience a more regulated and settled state of being.
Benefits of Somatic Experiencing Therapy for Anxiety
Somatic Experience (SE) Therapy helps you to build the capacity to self-regulate, as well as, process and release suppressed emotions related to current and past life events. You can also enjoy better physical health and wellness as it helps you:
• Reduce anxiety, anger and stress
• Quickly develop self-regulation skills
• Learn how to quickly shift out of negative thinking and depressive states
• Naturally develop more tolerance and flexibility in relationships
• Improve sleep, digestion and concentration
• Ease physical and emotional discomforts associated with the current or past events
• Decrease the need to feel on-guard
How Online Counselling Works
Online counselling can be carried out via Skype, Facetime, Zoom or Telephone.
- Video counselling allows you to meet with Robin in real time. This is the most similar to meeting in-person. It is ideal if you prefer seeing Robin face-to-face and allows her to really see how you are feeling and what you are needing.
- Phone- Some clients prefer to meet via phone because they feel like they can go deeper into their feelings without having a person observing them.
Numerous studies are now showing that online therapy is just as effective as traditional face-to-face therapy.
Whichever venue that you prefer, online counselling has many advantages such as being more accessible, convenient, and offering more anonymity as no one watches you walk into a counsellor’s office.